All rentals completed on the RV Trader Rentals platform will be protected by the SharePass Protection Package, providing coverage to both owners and renters. While the price, deductible and security deposit will be tailored to the individual rental transaction, every rental will be protected with the same levels of liability and loss protection.
The RV Departure and Return Forms are mandatory documents to be completed by the owner and renter with each booking. These forms detail the condition of the vehicle at the beginning and end of the booking, respectively, using text and photos or video. SharePass or an affiliated partner reserves the right to reject damage claims or security deposit withholding requests if these forms are not fully completed by both parties. Any alleged damage or loss must be reported to SharePass within 48 hours of the vehicle return date. Any claim filed 7 days after a vehicle's return may not be covered under the SharePass Protection Package.
Owners will be protected by a $1 million liability insurance policy during the rental period. In order to maintain coverage under the SharePass Protection Package, vehicles must pass an inspection no more than 90 days before the rental booking start date. This inspection must be performed by a dealership or automotive professional and include a brake, tire, and liquid petroleum gas inspection. Tires must have 50% tread or greater at time of rental. SharePass reserves the right to request inspection and service records as part of the claims process, and a claim may be rejected if these requirements are not met.
The renter is fully responsible for damage, losses, or other liabilities that may occur during time of rental. Any damage or loss to the vehicle must be reported as soon as safely possible after any emergency needs are addressed. At maximum, any incurred damage or loss must be reported within 24 hours. Damage to the RV's interior will not be covered by the SharePass Protection Package.
Renters will be provided with the following protection:
|SharePass Protection Package||Limits|
|Bodily Injury Liability||$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
|Property Damage Liability||$100,000 each accident|
|Physical Damage Protection for the RV||Up to $125,000 after payment of deductible|
- The RV will be operated only on designated roadways or campgrounds commonly used by the public.
- The RV will be used only for recreational or personal use.
- The RV will not be operated by any driver:
a. under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
b. other than Renter and Additional Drivers named in the Booking Form, or a licensed vehicle maintenance service person.
c. whose driver license is suspended or revoked.
d. for any unlawful purposes or pursuits.
e. outside of the fifty states of the (50) United States.
- The RV will not be used:
a. to push any vehicles.
b. to tow any vehicle, device or trailer.
c. for any commercial or business purposes.
d. in preparing for, or participating in, any racing, stunting, or any similar competition with the RV, or on the track in any facility designed for racing, speed contests or driver training, unless only crossing to park on the infield.
e. by anyone while sending or receiving any electronic message, text (SMS) or emails.
f. in the commission of a crime or any act of vandalism, terrorism or any other illegal activity.
- The RV will not be towed except by a licensed towing service vehicle qualified by and approved by SharePass or Owner for towing.
- No person will be allowed to climb onto the roof of the RV, even if the RV is equipped with a rear ladder.
- No person will occupy the RV while it is being towed by another vehicle.
- The RV will not transport any flammable, toxic, volatile, poisonous, dangerous, or illegal substances except as required for the normal operation of the RV or in connection with normal RV systems as designed by the manufacturer, and then only in the safe and approved storage designed for the RV operational use.
- There will be no mechanical service to the RV, nor replacement of parts or accessories, during the rental without prior approval from Owner, SharePass or its designated representative.
- The RV will not be used in violation of any express policy or instructions provided by the Owner in addition to this Rental Agreement, including the prohibition on unrolling the awning without the Owner’s prior consent.
- Neither pets nor other animals (other than a service animal) shall be allowed in the RV without consent from the Owner.
- No smoking shall be allowed in the RV without consent from the Owner.
- The Renter will not allow anything to be towed behind the vehicle or pushed by the vehicle without express permission from the owner.
- The RV shall not be towed by another vehicle unless designed to be towed and the Owner has given permission for the RV to be towed.
- No passengers may be in a towed RV.
Any violation of the above terms will result in loss of coverage under the SharePass Protection Package.
SharePass Security Deposits are funds withheld from the renter to ensure against any damage not covered by the SharePass Protection Package. This includes any incurred tickets, tolls, citations, fines, and/or other reasonable costs as determined by SharePass to be the responsibility of the renter. Security Deposit will be collected 72 hours before the start of the rental. In the event of a claim, Security Deposits shall be first applied towards any deductible owed. In the event that there are no withholdings from the security deposit or claim filings, Security Deposit will be released to the Renter 48 hours after RV is returned. Owner and Renter agree to assist SharePass in the settlement of any Security Deposit withholding requests. SharePass is not responsible for any damages to the RV that occur during the rental period, and disclaims any and all liability in this regard.